Saturday 7 January 2012

AUDI INTRODUCING RS 4 AVANT SOON, BUT NO SEDAN




In 2006 I had the chance to drive the Audi RS 4 Avant (pictured above). So good was that “station wagon” that within days I’d decided it was my favourite Audi of any kind. Six years later it still remains one of my top 5 Audis of all time. Therefore I got quite excited to learn the company is developing a new version of it based on the current A4.


Said to be arriving in Europe around June this year, the car will be called RS 4 because the RS 5 name has been reserved for the existing two-door coupe. Apparently there will be no RS 4 sedan this time around. The RS 5 of course uses a 4.2-litre naturally aspirated engine worth 331kW. And with speculation, anything goes. So for the RS 4 Avant word is the same motor is being kept, while others reckon Audi will use the new, lighter 4.0-litre twin turbo V8 found in the S8 and Bentley Continental GT V8.

South Africa is not really interested in station wagon type cars, and therefore should any of this be true, there’s no guarantee the car would make it to these shores.

1 comment:

Otto said...

I loved it too and wish it would come back to us