Friday 10 July 2009

US BMW X6 M PRICED UNDER $90 000




US pricing for the BMW X6 M has been set at a base of US$89 725 which is about R740 000 today! Of course I wouldn’t even dream that the X6 M will cost anything close to that in Mzansi. Instead, as I said before, I reckoned at the time that BMW SA will add another R900 000 to that and come up with R1.7 million which will be about the same as its chief rival the 405kW Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.


Of course I’m just speculating here but the way things are going I was pretty confident that these numbers are pretty close to reality. I’ve had an about-turn and now think maybe they are a bit on the high side considering the 300kW X6 xDrive50i is about R900 000. And having seen American prices it’s hard to see how the SA division can justify my initial predicted price. So, R1.2 million perhaps for the M? Or R1.3 million tops? We’ll see.


Just to catch up again, the X6 M is built on a 4.4-litre V8 twin turbo basis and it whips out 408kW (555hp) and 678Nm of torque. Its 0 - 100km/h time should be under 5 seconds. Truth is many a man has paid much more for similar performance so there could be some value in there.