Wednesday 17 February 2010

CITROEN DS3 SPOTTED CHILLING IN JOHANNESBURG


I happened to be in an underground parking lot here in Jozi when my eyes were pulled in by this red colour. Upon closer inspection I discovered that it was the new Citroen DS3, the French MINI-killer with a beautiful coupe silhouette and a youthful design.
Naturally I had to pull out my NOKIA 6210 Navigator to take pictures. Citroen hasn’t launched the DS3 in South Africa yet, but it’s definitely in the pipeline for some time before June 2010.
The DS3 is a compact premium-segment car that has been praised by its maker as being on par or even better than the MINI in every way. I peeked a boo inside to see what kind of materials make up things like the dashboard and I must say it looks pretty solid and easy on the eye.
Engines will include both petrols and diesels, although I doubt Mzansi will get the diesels. It’s possible though. Just think about the fact that the new C5 (which I haven’t driven but I’ve seen) only comes in two diesels at the moment.

No comments: