Thursday 26 November 2009

NISSAN ALMERA SLIPS INTO DEEP HOLE IN WET WEATHER



One minute you’re driving along nicely and the next you are ditched up inside a hole. That’s probably what happened to this guy who, two weeks ago, went down a road towards Kayalami/ R55 road but never quite made it. Recent heavy rains have clouded an otherwise sunny summer Johannesburg sky and many motorists are not equipped to deal with such slippery conditions.

When I arrived at the scene I took these pictures with my NOKIA 6210 Navigator then went to the breakdown operator who told me what happened. Basically the guy came down the straight, tried turning left into the R55 and lost control. Because of some construction going on there at the moment a hole had been left open. His white Nissan Almera went over the low concrete barriers and straight into it.

I reckon he didn’t have ABS brakes, went too fast, realised his mistake and braked at the turn. Of course you can’t brake and turn at the same time without ABS (unless you’ve been trained) so the car will just go straight no matter what you do with the steering wheel.

But the guy came out fine, in fact he was sitting in that green Peugeot that you see on the right in one of the pictures. I didn’t attempt to speak to him for fear of the unknown and I’m sure he was still quite shaken as well. I’m just wondering how he got out of that car from the driver’s seat!

No comments: